Wednesday, August 15, 2012

August Photo Challenge Day 12: Spoon

As children, my brother and sister and I learned to fear the wooden spoon! And, truthfully, we are all the better for it. I'm sure we can each count on one hand the amount of times we were actually spanked. Just the threat of it shook us into obedience no matter where we were! "If you don't behave the wooden spoon is coming out when we get home!" I shudder at the thought!

Additionally, the wooden spoon represented home-cooked meals - we had several of these in our kitchen and they were all well-used and loved (except for the occasional above-mentioned events.) Today this is the only use for it in my home, since it's just me and my husband and our dog. This one stirs a lot of soups and stir fries. This one is well-used and loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment