Wednesday, August 22, 2012

August Photo Challenge Day 22: Home

Most of the time when I refer to "home" I'm talking about where I currently live here in Georgia. Often I refer to Boston, where I spent nearly 15 years. And sometimes, I'm referring to where I grew up: New Jersey.

There are many things that remind me of home. Smells (lilacs drenched our back yard with their perfume every spring,  steam heat invokes cold winter mornings, pot roast had a way of filling our house for Sunday dinner), and foods (pizza! bagels!) are the top of the list. There is one food about which I had completely forgotten....

I was grocery shopping in GA recently when THIS little gem caught my eye. If you're from New Jersey or spent any significant time there you know what this is. It brought be right back to my childhood home.

I'm not certain how many times I've ordered a "Taylor Ham, Egg and Cheese on a bagel" at a diner (Tiffany Diner, or Dakota Diner were the usual suspects) but I can tell you I haven't had one since I lived there (which was 1994). I cannot wait to sink my teeth into one this weekend. Now if only there were decent bagels here.

How about you? What reminds you of home?

No comments:

Post a Comment