Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day 24: On Your Mind

What is on my mind? A lot of things. I'm in job transition so that's the biggest thing on my mind lately. Sunday is grocery shopping day so our week of meals was on my mind this afternoon. I have friends and family in Colorado - the wildfires and their safety is on my mind. The Red Sox traded Youkilis! (SADNESS!) My family. My dog. My husband. All on my mind.

Tonight we celebrated the life, and 40th birthday, of our good friend Tori at his favorite restaurant: The Melting Pot. After eating more cheese than a person should eat in one sitting (disclaimer - I am not complaining. I. Love. Cheese.) this little number was presented to us. They call it "Flaming Turtle."

So what's on my mind? More like "who." A dear friend who opened his home, heart and family to me and Chris when we moved here. And his wife, Mandee, who I've known for more years than both of us would like to admit. Their two boys who we've "adopted" as "nephews." His parents who are simply "Grammy" and "Ba" to us and his sister and her family who welcome us to their holiday celebrations. That's who.*

Happy Birthday Tori. Here's to your first 40 and here's to 40 more!!

*This Flaming Turtle Fondue that nearly put me in a sugar shock is a close second.

No comments:

Post a Comment