Monday, June 18, 2012

Photo a Day Challenge Day 18: Something We Don't Know About You

No penicillin for me, thanks.
I feel like I'm an open book...not much to hide. I love baseball and am a rabid Red Sox fan (I mean...my dog's name is Fenway, after all!). I'm a proud second-generation Swedish/Norwegian with a huge, we-put-the-'fun'-in-dysfunctional family. I'm left handed. Creative. Love to take photos. I've only had stitches once. (They're in my chin, thanks to my big brother's "help" up the stairs when I was 2.) I have never broken a bone but I've sprained one pesky ankle numerous times and had chronic rotator cuff issues in both shoulders. I have a heart murmur, but how do you represent that in a photograph? I once swallowed a very small goldfish on a dare (ok maybe a lot of you didn't want to know that).

When I was 22 I discovered something *I* didn't know about myself. I had developed an allergy to Penicillin (and Amoxicillin...all the "cillins"). So I wore this bracelet for a bit at the recommendation of my doctor but haven't worn it in years...at least a decade. I figure it isn't likely I will be unconscious and have an emergency need for an antibiotic. And now you all know so if you're with me, you can say "No penicillin!"

1 comment: